Tuesday, May 8, 2012

Word Work

Last summer I dedicated a lot of my time to creating centers that would be easy maintenance.  One of my big projects was creating a word work station.  My kids love the word work station because they get to choose which activity they will do.  Each activity involves making words from the word wall in our classroom.

Necklace Word Work

Lace-A-Word Beads

This is the activity that I splurged on!  My girls love to make necklaces with the letter beads.  I got these from Lakeshore Teacher Store.

Stamp Word Work


The stamps I got from AC Moore on clearance.  I also created this worksheet to go along with the activity. 



Rainbow Word Work

My kiddos also have the choice of doing rainbow words.  I have a box of markers with the directions taped on top. They follow the rainbow pattern that is taped on the box:   

R A I N B O W


Follow the link below to check out the recording worksheet:


Magnetic Word Work 


I also have a bucket of magnetic letters that the kids use to make sight words on my desk, since it's metal.


Scrabble Word Work


The kids love to play scrabble word work, because they get to add up their points and see who has the most.  It is a fun way to get them to practice their sight words.  Here is the worksheet that I created to go along with this activity: 


2 comments:

  1. Word Study/Word Work is my favorite center! My kiddos love writing their spelling words in sentences and making sentence chains. Debbie Diller's book about Literacy Work Stations is great if you haven't checked it out before.

    I am happy to be your newest follower and I would love for you to come visit me when you get the chance. =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Kellcee - cute blog - love the title. I love centers and have a lot on my website http://www.vickymoore2.com that you might like. These are great ideas...I'm your newest follower. :o)
    Vicky
    Traditions, Laughter and Happily Ever After

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...