Friday, July 13, 2012

Organize your Room - Board Games

Every summer I spend my Sundays going to a flea market down the street from my house called "Jake's".  I've been going there since I was little, because my mother is a flea market fanatic.  I don't think she has ever bought anything at full price.   Therefore, I have been raised to be a die-hard bargain hunter.  This has come in handy since I became a teacher.  Approximately 90% of my classroom is made up of the wonderful bargains I find at "Jake's".

This Sunday, I am on the hunt for board games.  Indoor recess is always exciting for my kiddos because they love to play board games and spend recess with the teacher.  Personally, I love watching them interact together and it always helps me know more about them, but it makes for long afternoons with verrrrry energetic children.

The inspiration for my new hunt is the realization that many of the game pieces are missing in my classroom and those old boxes drive me absolutely insane.  I saw a nifty little picture on pinterest of a great way to organize games and I plan to do it in my room.  You could also do this in your own home too.  So obviously I can't take credit for the idea, but I definitely be using it!  If you click on the picture it will take you to the website that has even more ideas for using old baby wipe containers.

The boxes always get ruined. Love this idea.

I have a ton more ideas to share later.

Kell <3

2 comments:

  1. I do this too! It is such a great idea! =)


    Heather
    Heather's Heart

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a brilliant idea. Every single component of a board game is very important, and once you lose a single piece, there would be no game already. In order to keep the game whole, the best thing to do is to keep your board games organized and in a safe place every time you’re not using them.

    Esmeralda Tabarez

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...