Monday, August 20, 2012

Monday Made It!



For the past year I've been seeing those super cute crate seats on everyone's blogs. So I decided that I would make them too. I wish I would have taken pictures of it while I was putting it together, but I was too excited that I totally forgot. They are super easy to make and I got the idea originally from Rachelle at What the Teacher Wants.  She has an awesome tutorial on how to make them.

Well here is my end product.  I'm definitely going to use them at my guided reading table.  Then the kids can just push them under the table when centers is finished and they won't take up any space. In fact, they will give me MORE space! You'll see in my picture that I already filled it up with some stuff.


So much room inside!


Thanks for looking! 



Share:

9 comments

  1. I made one of those last summer and I still love it! Great for extra book storage! Love the colors of your crate!

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE it! I have seen them posted all over Pinterest but never as using it for storage (or at least I didn't notice that)!

    Sent From My iPad

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! And they are really easy to make. All you really need is wood, fabric glue, fabric, and a staple gun to assemble the top part. It definitely took some time, but they were worth it.

      Delete
  3. Your crate looks great! I found you on the linky. Check out my blog for some free owl posters and a giveaway for even more owl themed items

    Kelly
    Teaching Fourth

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Awesome! Thank you! I just went to your blog and I am now your newest follower :) And I grabbed some owl posters from your store, they are super cute!

      Delete
  4. I made some of these.. but the crates in the UK are much much different to the US ones - so mine don't double up as storage - sadly :(

    You can see a picture of mine on my blog;

    http://misslynchslearners.blogspot.co.uk/

    Your newest follower - Dani x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Interesting! I checked out your blog, it is super cute. You have some really good ideas :)

      Delete

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig