Sunday, August 19, 2012

Sunday Flea Market Fun!

At 6:30 my alarm went off and I literally jumped out of bed. I knew it was going to be a perfect day for the flea market, because the weather is spectacular. When I got there I had to park super far away, because there were over 200 cars parked already...at 7 am! (I'm not the only crazy person that loves flea markets) I got some awesome buys.

A new classroom organizer for only $15!!! These things usually cost $50 +


I got a ton of books for 25 cents each! And these people are so nice, because a lot of them cut me a deal when I tell them I'm a school teacher. God knows that I buy a lot of books and any deal helps!



And last but not least I bought these adorable tote bags for 50 cents each so that I can use them for "Book Buddies" 



Book buddies is a great idea that I got from Amy Lemon's Blog. Each Monday, you send a kid home with a book buddy bag.  Inside there is are a bunch of books - all different levels - so you can get your kiddos to read more at home and hopefully with their parents or siblings.  Amy also made these super cute bookmarks that are in each bag.
and a book buddy check out list.


As soon as I get the chance I'm going to sew labels onto the book buddy bags so it says "Mrs. Nelson's Book Buddies"

KellNell :)



1 comment:

  1. Discovered your blog through Teaching Maddeness. I LOVE flea market shopping. We have one near me that is every Thursday from Memorial Day to Labor Day. I love it. My grandpa's took me when I was just 12 and I have been going ever since. I love my organizer bin. I got mine for my class for free because it was by the side of the road. I was almost late for school that day because I had to haul it all into my car. ( Still cant believe they GAVE it away!) Oh, yeah and I was 5 months pregnant at the time...lugging it all into my classroom. LOL. Head over to my blog sometime when you get the chance. :)
    Jean
    Diving Into 2nd Grade

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...