Monday, October 1, 2012

October Monday Made It!



HAPPY OCTOBER!!! Since it's the start of the new month that means it's time again for Monday Made It with 4th Grade Frolics! This month I had been working on my Fabulous Fall packet, since Autumn is my favorite season and I love love love teaching about it.  I think it's especially big up here in Pennsylvania, because we really experience four distinct seasons.  As a permanent addition to my classroom, I decided to create a classroom tree.  I love decorating for the holidays and seasons, but I can't stand clutter.  So I decided....what better way to decorate my room then by making my decorations educational! I'll kill two birds with one stone (what a terribly sad saying) anyhoo....Here is a picture of my Monday Made It project - my classroom tree

All I really did was get an old pot that was laying around in my shed.  First, I filled it with dirt.  Then, I found a fallen branch that had a lot of twigs (so it kinda looks like a little tree - well more like a Charlie Brown tree - but c'mon, it's pretty good right?).  Then I put a couple stones in the pot to hold the tree upright and finished off the top of the pot with mulch.  Now of course, you could use anything in the pot - marbles, stones, seashells....whatever your <3 desires.


For fall I'm decorating it with apple sight words.  Then I will use it as a center for my little ones.  They will go "apple picking" and then record their fall sight words.   This idea comes from my fall packet, which you can get at TpT. Click on the picture below to check it out.

All I had to do was hold punch the apples and tie ribbon to hang them.


So I figured with my classroom tree I can change it whenever I'd like.  Some ideas I've thought of so far for what I could hang on my tree - with sight words written on them

spiders
ghosts
snowflakes
Christmas balls
hearts
flowers
bumblebees


Do you have any more ideas for me? Leave a message in my comments if you have any ideas...I'd love to hear them! Thanks for stopping in!


Oh yes! And before I forget!!!! I'm making a new activity packet that is called Sweet Shop! It is super super cute and I'm just in LOVE with it. Like big puffy heart love! It's filled with adorable candy activities for literacy and math centers. I know my kids will be obsessed because they are obsessed with candy.  I haven't decided if I'm going to use it during Halloween time or Valentine's time....because both are big candy times.  Orrrr I could just save it for that time between Christmas and Easter - you know that time of the year - that just dddddddrrrrrrrrrrrrraaaaaaaaagggggggggggsssssssss on foreverrrrrrrr! haha.  Well here is a sneak peak at the cover.  Please come back later to check it out - it should be done by tomorrow!



Share:

7 comments

  1. Absolutely LOVE your sight word tree!! How cute and a neat way to add some literacy fun to your classroom:))))

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Tara,

      Thank you! Can I just tell you that I love your blog! I've been following for a while and it is just great! You are a true inspiration!

      Thanks,
      Kelly

      Delete
  2. Love the tree! Very creative and I think I might use this idea for winter! P.S. from one owl lover to another, your owls rock!

    Irene
    Learning With Mrs. Leeby

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha! Thank you for the owl compliment! I'll come on over and check out your blog today!

      Thanks!

      Delete
  3. Love your tree, and your owl wearing a tie. =) You could hang Easter eggs in April! I love Easter!

    Janna
    Fabulous Finch Facts

    ReplyDelete

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig