Friday, December 7, 2012

Ho Ho Ho Holiday Packet and a Kind of Monday Made It

 Here is my Monday Made it - December Edition.  Now I have to say that it is a Monday Made it - Kind of....I haven't 100% finished one of my creations, but I'd say it is complete enough to post about. Link up with 4th Grade Frolics for your Monday Made It - Tara has it open all month.


First, I made a dozen brownie mix gift jars to give away for Christmas.  I thought that they'd be quick, but it took a lot of time. Anywhoo...this is my not so finished Made it...I still have to put the fabric, ribbon, and recipe on them. 

Ah! Yummy!



Next, here is my Christmas ornament craft. The only thing that I would tell my students to do differently is put the nose sideways instead of down...I kind of made him look like a pumpkin face instead of a snowman face with my nose. These are super easy to make and the class materials cost about $20. I know, not so cheap...but I think they are worth it. Everything I got for it came from the craft store. The insides are the fake snow sparkles that come in bags, the globe is plastic and that's what cost me the most (but luckily I had a coupon), the pompoms came in a bag and the pipe cleaner was a bag for $2. Everything else I had at home. I filled him with the fake snow using a funnel. I hot glued the pompoms/pipe cleaner on to make his earmuffs. Then I drew on his eyes, mouth, and nose using permanent markers. Viola!



Lastly, I have to share a little bit about a packet that I've been working on for weeks! I have put a lot of thought into the activities and the standards that are met.  The packet is filled with math and literacy activities, centers, and crafts. It is a super packet that would be perfect for the last week before Christmas break. Christmas is such a crazy time of the year in school, because the kids can hardly concentrate as they think about the holidays. The only thing that I can do at that time of the year is feed into their excitement and get them to learn, without realizing it! Haha, tricky I know....but it's the only way to get them to focus during the holiday craze. Click {HERE} to check it out or click on any of the pictures below.



Gingerbread Word Sort with Adjectives and Nouns



Snowman Time Activity




Various Math Games





Ordering Numbers Puzzles




Word Families - Make words by matching the bow with the presents







Share:

3 comments

  1. That ornament is so cute! I love the brownies in a jar gift idea! So sweet! Thanks for sharing:) So glad you linked up:)

    4th Grade Frolics

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love those brownies in a jar! Your ornament is adorable too and I know what you mean about tricking the kids this time of the year:)
    ~Holly
    Fourth Grade Flipper

    ReplyDelete
  3. I LOVE your adorable snowman ornaments!!! So precious!!

    I am one of your newest follwers! Check out my blog when you get a chance!!

    http://acreativeprocessforfirstgrade.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig