Sunday, March 24, 2013

Five For Friday with a Freebie

This week I have been very very busy, so I'm linking up with Doodle Bugs Teaching and her "Five for Friday" linky party so I can share with everyone what I've been up to.



1.  I've been working very hard on a new packet that is only 1/10th done.  I hope that I didn't take on a task too big, but I promise that it'll be good once I'm done. This packet will be full of my teacher forms and organizing tools that I use to get me through the entire year. I have all of these random folders on my computer and I have to go through each folder when I am looking for forms that I've created and I thought that I should put them all in one place, in one document, and then share it with all of you.  I am somewhat of an organization freak so this packet is right up my alley. Here is a glimpse of what is to come:


I've only finished the first section, which is "back to school".  I've got a bit of a ways to go until I'm done the rest of the packet. 

Forms for the beginning of the school year - getting to know the family and students

A sample letter that is sent home to parents to explain your policies and then there is an editable version that you can change to fit your needs

There are multiple checklists in there to keep you on track for setting up the classroom and organizing supplies for the beginning of the year. They are also editable so that you can change certain sections to fit your needs. 


2. I had an interview this week in my hometown district and I am praying that I will make it to the second round. I have been trying to get into this district since I graduated from college and it has been rather difficult to get an interview in the first place.  Now I pray that I did a good job and that I will be welcomed back for the rest of the interview process.  I am pretty sure that there were 2000 applicants for one job....so to say I have some competition is a bit of an understatement.  Wish me luck! I'll be sitting by my phone until I get the phone call!!!

I LOVE MY B-TOWN BEARS! 


3. I wanted to share another freebie with you all.  I made this for Cinco De Mayo.  It is an "Even and Odd" sorting activity that is meant to be a folder activity.  It comes with all the labels, a worksheet, directions, and number cards.  I know that May is a bit away, but it'll be here before you know it!!! Click on the picture to take you to TpT where you can download it for FREE. 


4. I'm heading to Texas next week to see my brother and I am very excited.  I love my brother and it is very difficult only getting to see him a few times a year.  So the hubby is being very awesome and sending me off to Texas without him because he has to work.  Here I come sun, shorts, and swimming!  We will probably go the Gulf coast for the day and we will most definitely take my little nephew to the zoo.  I cannot wait! I really love Houston....so sad that we never ended up moving there a few years ago.  I know how proud Texans are of there state and I feel like if I moved there I would have to learn Texas history really fast.  Otherwise, I don't know if I'd be allowed to be a teacher down there.  Well I can keep dreaming.  Maybe one day my husband and I will move down there to the warm weather.  Here is a picture from our trip last year.  

Driving into Houston



My sister and I at the zoo. 

5. We are expecting 10 inches of snow tomorrow!!!! I think it'll be a good day to stay home and get some work done.  What happened to March comes in like a lion and out like a lamb! This is crazy town!
So cute, right? I bet I could make these with paper, cotton balls, yarn, and googly eyes. 





Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig