Sunday, March 17, 2013

Forgive Me Freebie


I have been MIA since the superbowl! I am so sorry! Please forgive me! As an apology I have created a freebie for all of you.  It is from my character education curriculum that I made for my classroom.  Many of the activities that I made for character education are in a three-ring binder and they are not saved in my computer.  I am in the process of converting these activities from paper form to computer documents and along the way I am jazzing them up with my clip art and fun fonts.  Click on the picture below and it will take you to the freebie on TpT.  While you are there, check out my store because I am having a sale!



When I first started working at my last school there was not a character education curriculum and there was a definite need for it.  That is why I started collecting and creating activities that were based on the character traits. Honesty is one of the first traits that I taught to my students.  I was very motivated to teach honesty and start discussions about it in my first year, because I had a little klepto in my room.  My cutie little thief didn't want to admit to stealing and I knew why she was doing it, but I wanted to find a good way for her to come forward.  When I taught the honesty material and made it into a heroic and noble thing to do, then a lot of my little ones were trying extra hard to be good and to earn honesty badges. (My old badges were not as nice as the new ones that I just created for this updated packet, but they still wanted them) So I hope that you can use this in your classroom.  Whether you are having an issue with a student who is being dishonest or if you have been teaching character traits all year, this will be a nice addition to your collection of activities.  

As I convert more of my character ed three ring binder materials to computer docs I will try to share more with you.  Also, leave me a comment and share with me if there have been kids in your room that are dishonest and what did you do confront it or teach them how to be honest? I'm curious what other teachers have done? 

Before I leave....I promise that I am back for good. It has been a crazy few months since we moved.  We sold our beautiful house in my hometown, because my husband got hired at a wonderful job out near Lancaster. We are now renting until we figure out where my next job will be, then we will be able to make a permanent move that will accommodate both our commutes. Trust me, anything will be an improvement from my last commute - one hour and fifteen minutes each way! A commute that I made through rain and snow and ice....uphill both ways! Haha. So come back and visit me, because I will be posting as much as I can now that we are settled into our new home.

Happy St. Patrick's Day!!!!! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...