Friday, July 12, 2013

New Blog Title and Style!!!!!

Hmm...so it's been about 7 months since I've done some serious blogging.  I felt like every time I came onto my blog I was only mildly satisfied with the title and design.  Then I wasn't teaching for a while, so I had nothing to talk about.  So a week ago I logged into my account and decided that I was going to do a full makeover on my blog.  It kind of felt like painting all the walls in your house a fresh, new color. And that's sort of what I did. I chose all my favorite colors and designs and I redesigned my blog.  If you didn't realize, the new title is a spoof off the fabulous book by Harry Allard, Miss Nelson is Missing.  Now that I've been married into my new last name, Nelson, I plan on reading that story to my kiddos and then coming in dressed as Miss Viola Swamp.


 Miss Nelson...what a striking resemblance to me! Blonde hair, flushed cheeks...yep, that's me!

Miss Viola Swamp, the evil substitute teacher (who is actually Miss Nelson dressed up)



Wouldn't that be a fun little joke to do with my students?


So here is a little update on my life:  The last time I blogged I was hoping and praying that I'd get a teaching position at my hometown district....that did not happen. I would love to blame the district and say that they didn't know what they were doing when they didn't choose me, but honestly I was not as prepared as I thought I was. I hadn't interviewed for a position in three years and I had been out of teaching for a year.....so I was definitely rusty on some of my terminology.  To add to it I was NERVOUS. I put so much pressure on myself that I was sweating, shaking, and light headed at that interview. There was no way that I answered the questions accurately, and mostly, I know that I didn't let my personality shine through. So I know why they didn't offer me a position ::wah wah wah:: It's okay because I continued interviewing at many different districts in the last four months and I was offered a few different positions, but it was my most recent interview that I was offered my dream job! A contract second grade position.  Second grade is my expertise and it is where my <3 HEART is. So now I am back in the teaching world and back in the blogging world...oh and back in SECOND GRADE, YAYYYY!

Here are pictures of my new classroom, (HUGE SMILE), despite the fact that it is a mess right now with furniture scattered all over!








post signature

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...