Sunday, December 8, 2013

Gingerbread City - A Freebie and Jan Brett

Whoa baby is it snowing at our house today.  They were calling for half an inch and in the last hour we've already gotten three! It's the perfect day to create! Soooo I made a freebie for all of you to grab! My kids have been working on double digit addition for the last week or so. This particular game does not have any regrouping.  I am going to start working on one that does, so you'll have to check back later for that. Click on the picture below to go to the freebie:


Also, this week we will be working on an author study before Christmas vacation.  We are studying, Jan Brett, since she has such wonderful winter stories.  My co-worker gave me a huge file of materials to use on all of Brett's stories, but I also found a lot of great stuff from Brett's website. We plan to start with The Mitten, Gingerbread Baby, and Goldilocks and the Three Bears  We'll be doing tons of activities with all of her stories, so I plan to post as many pictures as I can as we go.  In the mean time, check out her website and all the awesome activities she has. I even plan to do some baking with my kiddos....which they will be thrilled about.  Here is the recipe from JanBrett.com


I am also going to do a science activity with some store bought gingerbread cookies.  They will make a prediction about what will happen when they are dunked in milk....and then they dunk them and make observations.  It is a freebie from one of my all time favorite bloggers: Abby Mullins. Click on the pic to take you to her TpT freebie.  




post signature
Share:

No comments

Post a Comment

Design by Laugh Eat Learn // Theme by Pipdig