I'm so glad that you came to visit my blog and I am very excited to share a little about myself!
About Teaching: I was a second grade teacher near Philadelphia, Pennsylvania for two years in an inner city school, which was very challenging but it was rewarding in so many ways. I loved my students so much, but I had to say goodbye to them in August 2012. I took the school year off to get acquainted with a new area and search for a new job, since my husband's job moved us to South Central Pennsylvania. Then in June 2013 I was hired as a second grade teacher in a rural school district. It was such a blessing to receive another second grade position, because second grade is where my HEART is!
About my family: I have been married for five years to the most wonderful man. Everyone says to marry your best friend, and I definitely did. We are always laughing and having fun together. We have a baby boy and a golden retriever. I am so blessed to be surrounded by my wonderful boys (dog included)!
Things I like to do:
1. paint - mostly watercolor and acrylic. I'm just learning how to use oil
2. read - anything and everything, but I especially love historical fiction
3. crafting - especially making things for my classroom
4. bike - I'm not what you would call a biker at all. I have a mountain bike that I like to ride casually on trails
5. hike - we usually go hiking when we travel up north to the Poconos or upstate NY, but there are a few mountains around our home that I like to hike on
6. cook - I'm obsessed with cooking new foods and watching the food network on TV. One of my favorite things to do is to get in a hot bath and read my recipe books and magazines.